WHAT IS AMFORI BUSINESS SOCIAL COMPLIANCE INITIATIVE (BSCI) AUDIT?
The amfori Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) is an industry-driven movement that aims to monitor and assess workplace standards across the global supply chain. There is growing expectation that companies not only ensure their own businesses are responsible, but that their suppliers are also demonstrating social responsibility. A amfori BSCI audit helps a business monitor its supply chain to ensure that all suppliers are treating workers ethically and legally.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CONDUCT AN AMFORI BSCI AUDIT?
There are multiple benefits to conducting a amfori Business Social Compliance Initiative audit of your supply chain:
- Ensure workers throughout your supply chain are being treated ethically and their rights respected – including freedom of association, fair remuneration, health & safety and prohibition of child labour
- Avoid negative press if it is found your suppliers are treating workers poorly
- Enhance your reputation among consumers as a reputable and ethical company and develop a competitive edge
- Improve your relationship with suppliers
- Smooth your journey to SA8000® social accountability certification
TÜV SÜD HAS THE EXPERTISE TO CONDUCT YOUR AMFORI BSCI AUDIT
TÜV SÜD is a globally recognised leader for auditing safety and standards in manufacturing facilities worldwide. Our international network provides multidisciplinary expertise for a wide range of auditing and certification services in key markets. We act as a one-stop solution for companies wishing to demonstrate compliance to standards such as amfori BSCI. We are also able to integrate your existing processes with other management systems such as SA8000®, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
As part of our commitment to unparalleled service quality, our inspectors and auditors are required to adhere to our strict Code of Conduct. This ensures the expert opinions they provide are professional, independent and impartial.
TÜV SÜD AMFORI BSCI AUDIT PROCESS
As a third-party auditing body, TÜV SÜD conducts audits in accordance with amfori BSCI 2.0. We offer worldwide support with competent and fully accredited local auditors. We use the following six-step process as part of our amfori BSCI audit:
Six steps to amfori BSCI 2.0 Audit success:
1. Read and adopt the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct both internally and across your supply chain
2. Request an audit with participant authorisation via the online amfori BSCI platform
3. Fill in a self-assessment tool, as well as an audit application to obtain a customised quote
4. Undergo a semi-announced or unannounced audit visit
5. Receive a corrective action plan, followed by corrective phase to improve compliance
6. f required, undergo a follow-up audit within 12 months of the initial audit to demonstrate commitment to amfori BSCI 2.0