Establish safe and reliable rail power supply systems that meet operational requirements
As rail networks and number of trains in operation grow there is higher demand to increased frequency of acceleration and braking as well as higher airconditioning. Customers increasingly demand energy efficiency in railway power supply systems to achieve cost reductions and support a greener image. This brings new challenges for Rail manufacturers, railway infrastructure managers and operators as they need to accommodate rising energy demands, ensure constant availability and meet energy efficiency requirements.
With years of experience in the rail sector, TÜV SÜD offers proven capabilities backed by international recognition. Railway infrastructure managers and operators can ensure service reliability by utilising third-party services to establish power supply systems that meet operational parameters and applicable standards. For equipment and rolling stock manufacturers, these services facilitate access to lucrative markets while providing an edge over the competition.
We help you to ensure reliable and safe operation of all rail power supply systems. TÜV SÜD is uniquely qualified to verify the reliability and functionality of your rail energy systems. Leveraging our international presence, we support your business by applying global expertise together with local knowledge of key markets. We provide witness testing service in third party facilities and on-site. As part of our certification services, we offer TÜV SÜD certification marks that are globally recognised and synonymous with quality and safety.
Our services at a glance
Traction power demand studies and subsequent specification of main equipment
- Specification of the equipment
- Service integrated with ELBAS-SINANET® and ELBAS WEBANET
- Evaluation of power consumption
- Supply systems
- Support of identification of energy saving opportunities
- Design review services to ensure design standards, alignment and diligence throughout the course of your equipment design phase
|Safety assesment of design for rail power supply installations|
- Verification of the design of rail power supply system
- Audits and site visits to ensure that the actual construction of the installation meets safety requirements