Topic: Top myths about Railway RAMS and SIL journey
Date: 30th September 2020
Time: 12pm IST
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: Mr. Anil Kumar Ammina
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Functional safety ensures that safety risks due to hazards caused by dysfunctional behavior of systems are reduced to an acceptable level. These safety risks are increasing in the rail industry as rail technology is becoming more and more complex. This is owing to the fact that both hardware and software are interacting in different ways and components are being sourced from multiple markets.
In this complimentary webinar, TÜV SÜD’s expert will deliver a presentation on the topic and would then be addressing your queries and concerns in the Q&A session that will follow.
POINTS TO BE COVERED IN THE WEBINAR
- What is the difference between safety & functional safety?
- Myths about SIL achievement, is it just a THR number
- Approach of attaining a particular SIL Level
- How to prepare Safety Case tricks!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Engineers in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering in Railway
- Propulsion / Traction / Signalling / Communication engineers involved in projects
- Design and maintenance engineers in the electronics / communication discipline who need refresher training in the domain
- Interface / Project Managers from Railway Telecommunication / Signalling Equipment manufacturers, contractors, consultants, Railway / Metro Corporations
- Gain insights - to ensure software, hardware and all components used in a railway product interact in a safe and robust way
- Increase customer/stakeholder confidence – by demonstrating your compliance against all relevant CENELEC standards - EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129
- Save time and money - by discovering potential conceptional flaws and operational errors as well as hardware and software failures early